Honda Rebel 450 charging system consists of battery, alternator and voltage regulator/rectifier. The alternator generates an alternating current (AC) which the rectifier converts to direct current (DC). The regulator maintains the voltage to the battery and load (lights, ignition, etc) at a constant voltage regardless of variations in engine speed and load. The following schematic illustrates the Honda Rebel 450 Charging System Wiring Diagram.
Charging System Leak Test:
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the battery negative lead.
- Connect a voltmeter between the battery negative terminal and the negative cable.
- The voltmeter should read 0 volts.
- If there is a voltage reading, this indicates a voltage drain in the system that will drain the battery. Test all charging systems.
- Disconnect the voltmeter and reconnect the battery negative lead.
- schematic charger honda,wiring voltmeter,cd125 regular rectifier circuit diagrams,