An Electric Power Steering (EPS) System provide the convenience of steering assist without the cost in engine size and fuel consumption. Mazda RX-8 is equipped with the electric power steering system which consists of steering wheel and column, steering shaft, steering gear and linkage, EPS control module.
Mazda RX-8 Electric Power Steering Troubleshooting Hints:
- EPS system malfunction, this malfunction can be caused by wiring harness malfunction; connector condition malfunction; torque sensor malfunction; EPS motor malfunction; fuse malfunction; EPS control module malfunction.
- EPS control module detects an EPS system malfunction even though the EPS system is normal.
- CAN communication line malfunction, this include:vehicle speed signal malfunction; engine speed signal malfunction; CAN wiring harness malfunction.
- EPS warning light circuit malfunction in the instrument cluster
- CAN wiring harness malfunction. Malfunction in wiring harness between EPS control module and instrument cluster.
The following schematic illustrates the Mazda RX-8 Electric Power Steering (EPS) System Wiring Diagram.