To perform a Starter Solenoid Test on your 2006 Hyundai Getz, do the following procedures:
- Disconnect the field coil wire from the M-terminal of solenoid switch.
- Connect a 12V battery between S-terminal and the starter body.
- Connect the field coil wire to the M-terminal. CAUTION: this test must be performed quickly (in less then 10 seconds) to prevent the coil from burning.
- It the pinion moves out, the pull-in coil of solenoid is working properly. If the pinion does not move, replace the solenoid.
- Disconnect the field coil wire from the M-terminal.
- If the pinion has moved out, the hold-in coil of the solenoid is working properly. If the pinion moves in, replace the solenoid.