The 2008 Ducati 848 superbike is powered by an 849cc, 134 horsepower L-twin engine that generates an impressive 115.6 hp (86 kW) at 10,000 rpm and 62 lb·ft (84.1 N·m) at 8,250 rpm (source: wikipedia.org). The superbike is equipped with Two 320 mm semi-floating discs, radial Brembo 4-piston calipers front brake and 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper rear brake system; Showa fully adjustable upside-down forks, 127 mm (5.0 in) travel front suspension and Showa fully adjustable monoshock, 120 mm (4.7 in) travel rear suspension system.
The main components of the electrical system of 2008 Ducati 848 Superbike are:
- Headlight: bulb type: 2 x H11 (12 V-55 W).
- Side light: bulb type: 2 x H16W (12 V-6 W).
- Battery, 12 V-10 Ah.
- Alternator 12 V-480 W.
- Electronic voltage regulator (rectifier), protected by a 30 A fuse near the battery.
- Starter motor, 12 V-0.7 kW.
- Tail light and brake light: LED.
- Number plate light: bulb type: W5W (12 V-5 W).
The following schematic illustrates the 2008 Ducati 848 Electrical System Wiring Diagram. (click image to enlarge)
Index of 2008 Ducati 848 Electrical System Wiring Diagram:
1) Right-hand handlebar switch
27) Coolant temperature sensor