The MSD Enhancer Ignition system for the Honda TRX 250R ATV is designed as a complete system. No part may be substituted nor should any part be used with the stock ignition components. Spark Plug Gap – .082 – .036. Battery – 10-12 Hours run time.
Wiring Function table:
Green (male connector)
|HONDA STATOR WIRES
To frame ground
Note: The BLACK wire of the MSD should go to bare metal on the frame for best ground.
1. Install the supplied bullet connectors. Crimp and solder the connectors to achieve the best connections. Be sure to use the matching connector. Note: The factory WHITE wire does not connect to the MSD. This wire remains connected for powering the lights.
2. Connect the MSD wires to the Honda stator wires.
3. The BROWN wire of the MSD connects to the coil negative (-).
4. The ORANGE wire of the MSD connects to the coil positive (+).
5. Connect the supplied BLACK jumper to the coil negative to ground on the engine head.